- Shina Afolayan, The Question of a Post-Colonial Culture:
- Language, Ideology and Cultural Essentialism
- Fiona Probyn, J. M. Coetzee: Writing with/out authority
- Brian Gibson, An Island Unto Himself?
- Masculinity in Season of Migration to the North
- Gina Ulysse, I Came of Age Colonized:
- Now my soul is tired
- And I'm feeling all this rage (Excerpts)
- Kathleen Gyssels, Haitians in the City: Two Modern Day Trickster Tales
- ('A Plate of Lentils' by Colimon-Hall and 'New York Day Women' by Edwidge Danticat)
- Brian Finney, Figuring the Real:
- Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans
- Su-lin Yu, Reconstructing Western Female Subjectivity:
- Between Orientalism and Feminism in
- Julia Kristeva's About Chinese Women
- Amy Lai, Bell Jar: Within and Beyond:
- Gender Representation by Post-colonial Singapore and Hong Kong writers
- Ashley Dawson, Desi Remix:
- The Plural Dance Cultures
- of New York's South Asian Diaspora
- Nabeela Sheikh, True Romance
- Mini Chandran, Fabulation as Narrative:
- in Haroun and the Sea of Stories
Dorota Kolodziejczyk, From high above into the world and deep beneath . . .Review of Stranger Gods: Salman Rushdie's Other Worlds. By Roger Y. Clark.
Anjali Gera Roy, Relational Embodiments of a Sikh DiasporaReview of The Nation's Tortured Body: Violence, Representation and the Formation of a Sikh "Diaspora". By Brian Keith Axel.
Suocai Su, Orientalism in Popular Culture and New Orientalism in Asian American LiteratureReview of The Deathly Embrace: Orientalism and Asian American Identity. By Sheng-mei Ma.
Susan Muaddi Darraj, Orientalism and Empire in the United StatesReview of U. S. Orientalisms: Race, Nation, and Gender in Literature, 1790-1890. By Malini Johar Schueller.
Esther Priyadharshini, Practising MethodologiesReview of The Practice of Cultural Analysis: Exposing Interdisciplinary Interpretation. Edited by Mieke Bal.
Critical Anthropology Now: Unexpected Contexts, Shifting Constituencies, Changing Agendas. Edited by George E. Marcus.
Shelly Jarrett Bromberg, Complicity and Social ConstructionReview of Subalternity and Representation: Arguments in Cultural Theory. By John Beverley.
About the Contributors
Recent Books by Jouvert Board Members
Back to Jouvert Mainpage