Requirements of the Interns' Scholarship
The scholarship is open to juniors and seniors registered full-time at NCSU with a declared major or minor in English.
Recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in English classes; 2.75 overall
- Demonstrate financial need through the federal government's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process
- Work 120 hours during the semester for a not-for-profit organization as an unpaid intern
- Attend ENG 350 class meetings once per week and complete all academic assignments
- Complete the Interns' Scholarship and Internship Program applications by the second week of February (February 27, 2013 for the 2013-14 academic year). On your application, you will state whether you are applying for the following fall or spring semester.
The English Department Interns' Scholarship Committee will select all scholarship recipients and the Internship Coordinator will be responsible for the expenditure of funds.
- Application Process
- How to Donate
- Donor Recognition