Dr Dana C. Gierdowski
Teaching Assistant Professor
- Website: https://danagierdowski.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515-7354
Dana C. Gierdowski is a Teaching Assistant Professor of Composition and Rhetoric in the Department of English, where teaches first-year, advanced undergraduate, and graduate courses in Composition and provides administrative support to the First-Year Writing Program. In her current administrative role as the Assistant Director of Digital Learning and Faculty Development, she coordinates professional development programming for non-tenture track faculty and manages instructor support for the program’s hybrid and online courses.
Teaching and Research Interests
In her scholarly work Dr. Gierdowski explores how innovative learning spaces impact student writers and instructors. Her work on learning space research has appeared in the edited collections Writing Studio Pedagogy (Rowman & Littlefield, May 2017), Making Space: Writing Instruction, Infrastructure, and Multiliteracies (Michigan Publishing, 2016), Sustainable Learning Spaces (C&C Digital Press, 2015), Cases on Higher Education Spaces (IGI Global, 2012) and in Computers and Composition (30.1, 2013). As a doctoral student at NC State, she oversaw the design and implementation (which included faculty training) of the First-Year Writing Program’s “flexible” writing classroom, which was the subject of her dissertation and continues to be a focus of her research today.
- Communication, Rhetoric, & Digital Media in Composition Pedagogy/Rhetoric of Place from North Carolina State University, 2013
- ENG 101 - 068Academic Writing and Research03:00 - 04:50 M129 Tompkins Hall
- ENG 422 - 001Writing Theory and the Writing Process01:30 - 02:45 M W002 Winston Hall