Jamie S Larsen
Senior LecturerAssociate Director of Professional Writing
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-4118
Jamie currently serves as the Associate Director of the Professional Writing Program in the English Department. She has been involved in ongoing research relating to the communication practices of professionals in the workplace, and has co-authored five iterations of the Communication in the Workplace report over a span of 20 years.
Jamie is also involved in program development with the Global Training Initiative at NC State University. Her most recent program, the Essentials of Technical Communication, was taught synchronously and asynchronously to 28 students from Nagoya University, Japan during the Fall 2020 semester. Her prior international experiences include teaching technical and professional communication programs to students attending universities in China, Taiwan, and Saudi Arabia.
Jamie is a TH!NK Faculty Researcher, IDEA grant recipient, and a graduate from the Advisor’s Development Institute. She enjoys serving as a Pack Promise Coach, and participates as a Study Abroad Scholarship Reviewer, and Goodnight Scholarship Reviewer and Interviewer.
- MS in Technical Communication from NC State University, 1993
- BA in Mangerial Studies from Rice University, 1979
- ENG 331 - 610Communication for Engineering and TechnologyOnline Class
- ENG 331 - 620Communication for Engineering and TechnologyOnline Class
- ENG 333 - 601Communication for Science and ResearchOnline Class
- ENG 333 - 608Communication for Science and ResearchOnline Class