Roy T Stamper
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-513-1807
- Address: Tompkins Hall G105C, Box 8105
Raleigh, NC 27695
Roy Stamper is Senior Lecturer in English and Associate Director of the First-Year Writing Program. He teaches courses in English composition and rhetoric and serves as an academic advisor to the English department’s Language, Writing, and Rhetoric (LWR) majors.
He has been recognized as an Outstanding Lecturer in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (2000-2001), is a recipient of NC State's New Advisor Award (2013-14), and is an inaugural member of the Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa at NC State.
He has presented papers at a number of local, regional, and national conferences, including the NC Symposium on Teaching Writing, the Conference of the Council of Writing Program Administrators, and the Conference on College Composition and Communication. He is a co-author, along with Susan Miller-Cochran and Stacey Cochran, both of the University of Arizona, of An Insider's Guide to Academic Writing (Bedford/St. Martin's Press), now in its second edition.
Before joining the faculty at NC State in 1999, he worked as a high school English teacher.
- Miller-Cochran, Susan, Roy Stamper, and Stacey Cochran. An Insider's Guide to Academic Writing: A Rhetoric and Reader, 2nd ed. Boston: Macmillan, 2019.
- Miller-Cochran, Susan, Roy Stamper, and Stacey Cochran. An Insider's Guide to Academic Writing: A Brief Rhetoric, 2nd ed. Boston: Macmillan, 2019.
Miller-Cochran, Susan, Roy Stamper, and Stacey Cochran. An Insider's Guide to Academic Writing: A Brief Rhetoric. Boston: Macmillan, 2016.
- ABD in Curriculum and Instruction--Language and Literacy Education from NC State University
- MA in English from NC State University, 1999
- BA in English (summa cum laude) from NC State University, 1995
- Mon: 1:00-3:00
- Tue: 1:30-3:00
- Thu: 1:30-3:00
- Fri: 1:00-3:00
- ENG 105 - 005Writing and Research in the Disciplines11:45 - 12:35 T H112 Tompkins Hall