University Student Services

Emergency Assistance

For police, fire, ambulance, evening escort service, or any assistance, call Public Safety at 515-3333. Public Safety can also be reached by lifting the receiver of the emergency "blue light" call boxes which are located throughout the campus. The evening escort services provide patrol officers to escort students to their vehicles from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.

The Career Development Center

The Career Development Center (CDC) offers services to students who are currently enrolled in a degree program and the services remain available to students for up to one year after graduation. Professional staff are available through the CDC to assist students in a variety of areas including career counseling, co-op coordinating, and interview preparation.  The CDC also offers numerous events and career fairs during the fall and spring semesters to assist with job placement.

Child Care

View profiles of centers that offer cost-saving incentives and priority slots to NC State employees and students. Also, access information on all regulated child care centers in the state as well as link to a variety of child care resources at the Childcare Resource Center for NC State University Employees.


The Counseling Center counsels NC State students experiencing personal, academic, or vocational problems.  They also offer psychological asssessment and psychiatric consultation.  To make an appointment, contact the Counseling Center, Student Health Center, 2815 Cates Avenue, 2nd Floor. Appointments may be scheduled by calling (919) 515-2423.

Disability Services

Disability Services for Students (DSS) assists students with documented disabilities in obtaining the services for which they are legally eligible. To receive services and accommodations, you must contact DSS, Suite 1900, Student Health Center, 2815 Cates Avenue, Box 7509, (919) 515-7653 (voice), 515-8830 (TTY).


The Health Service, 2815 Cates Ave., is open for outpatient medical care from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday - Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on weekends during fall and spring semesters (excluding breaks). All registered students pay a health fee which covers outpatient professional services, including visits to a nurse or physician, some laboratory procedures, some medications available in the student pharmacy, visits to the Counseling Center and to Health Promotion.

Physicians maintain regular office hours Monday - Friday and are on call at other times. A clinic is operated during evenings and weekends. Patients are seen by appointment (515-7107); Gynecology (515-7762). Summer session hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with no after hours services.


For information concerning on-and off-campus housing, contact the Housing Office, 1112 Pullen Hall, Box 7315.

Legal Assistance

The student legal advisor will provide legal advice for any kind of problem including traffic offenses, divorce and separation proceedings, and landlord-tenant disputes. To make an appointment, contact the legal advisor, Student Services Center, 515-7091.

Office of International Services

International students should visit the Office of International Services website for information regarding news and updates, programs, and resources. 

Transportation and Parking

Parking at NCSU for graduate students is a challenge. Any vehicle parked in any parking space must display the appropriate parking permit for that space, unless parked at an activated parking meter or in an hourly pay lot. For more information on transportation services, contact NCSU Transportation, NCSU, Box 7221, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695-7221, (919) 515-3424 or visit the website at Don't forget to sign up for the PACKPARKING and WOLFLINE listserv to keep current on transportation news and events.

Exception: Parking in the North parking lot directly across from Tompkins Hall (and in many other campus lots) does not require a permit after 5:00 P.M Triangle Transit (TT) now operates shuttle buses between NCSU and Park and Ride lots in Chapel Hill and Durham. This service is free for NCSU students, faculty and staff. For more information, see:

Writing Resources for Graduate Students

The Graduate Writing Center offers one-on-one consulting for graduate students in any discipline:‚Äč

The Graduate School now offers Thesis and Dissertation Support Services (TDSS):

The English as a Second Language Program offers a range of courses and services for international students: