Professional Development Resources
- Preparing for careers in education
- Preparing for careers in writing, editing, and media
- Preparing for doctoral study
- Career advice for creative writers from AWP
Teaching Experience and Resources
- Guest Teaching Program, English Department
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships, English Department
- Teaching and Communication Certificate, NCSU Graduate School
The NCSU Graduate School offers seminars, career panels, speakers, workshops, courses, and boot camps that show students and postdocs how to articulate their skills, distinguish themselves from their competitors, and to identify transferable skills and career opportunities in academia, business/industry, government agencies, and nonprofit entities.
Career Development Center
The Career Development Center (CDC) offers services to students who are currently enrolled in a degree program and the services remain available to students for up to one year after graduation. The CDC manages the ePACK job listing and offers assistance in a variety of areas including career counseling, co-op coordinating, and interview preparation. The CDC also offers numerous events and career fairs during the fall and spring semesters to assist with job placement.