First-Year Writing Program Writing Instruction for Non-Native Speakers

Students for whom English is a second language may opt to take FLE 100 and/or FLE 101 through the Department of Foreign Languages. These two courses may substitute for ENG 100 and ENG 101, and they fulfill the same requirements.

A grade of C- or better in FLE 101 is required to fulfill the First-Year Writing Requirement.​​​

Contact Dr. Jillian Haeseler in the Department of Foreign Languages or visit the NCSU ESL website for more information.