To be eligible for application to the internship program, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Major or minor in an eligible CHASS degree program (see list)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in your major, 2.5 GPA overall
- Have Junior or senior standing
- Work 120 hours during the semester (10 hours/week for 12 weeks or 8 hours per week for 16 weeks)
- Attend ENG 350-001 once per week
- Provide your own transportation to your internship (if necessary)
Permission of the instructor (internship coordinator) as determined by your application
Grades for ENG 350 are pass/fail.
To successfully complete the course with a grade of “S,” you must:
- Attend class regularly.
- Complete all academic assignments competently.
- Fulfill the 120-hour workplace commitment.
- Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the employer.
You will receive a grade of “U” and will not pass the course if you:
- Have 4 or more unexcused absences from class.
- Fail to complete all academic assignments or to complete them with an appropriate level of competence.
- Fail to complete the 120-hour workplace commitment.
An unsatisfactory performance evaluation from a supervisor would be reviewed by the instructor, but would not in itself be sufficient for an unsatisfactory grade for the course.