To be eligible for application to the internship program, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Major or minor in a CHASS degree program
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in your major, 2.5 GPA overall
- Have junior or senior standing for the semester in which you plan to intern
- Able to work 120 hours during the semester (10 hours/week for 12 weeks or 8 hours per week for 16 weeks) plus attend ENG 350 once per week
Have your own transportation to your internship (if necessary)
Permission of the instructor (internship coordinator) as determined by your application
Grades for ENG 350 are pass/fail.
To successfully complete the course with a grade of “S,” you must:
- Attend class regularly.
- Complete all academic assignments competently.
- Fulfill the 120-hour workplace commitment.
- Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the employer.
You will receive a grade of “U” and will not pass the course if you:
- Have 4 or more unexcused absences from class.
- Fail to complete all academic assignments or to complete them with an appropriate level of competence.
- Fail to complete the 120-hour workplace commitment.
An unsatisfactory performance evaluation from a supervisor will be reviewed by the course instructor, and is no guarantee of an unsatisfactory grade in the course.