Rights and Responsibilities
Students, employers, and professors should understand and fulfill their basic obligations so that everyone involved has a good experience.
In the placement process and on the Internship Agreement form, commitments and responsibilities are described specifically for each student and each mentor/supervisor. In general, though, we agree on the following division of responsibilities.
- Work 120 hours, minimum, per semester.
- Provide own transportation to and from internship work site.
- Report to the internship site promptly and regularly.
- Complete projects described in internship agreement.
- Attend weekly internship class.
- Complete all course requirements.
Employer and Supervisor/Mentor:
- Describe work projects for student.
- Oversee or supervise student's work.
- Explain company policies.
- Teach student to use unfamiliar equipment.
- Provide students with typical, relevant, pre-professional or professional assignments.
- Evaluate student for Internship Coordinator.
- Prescreen student interns.
- Provide guidance about relevant internship positions.
- Prepare students in appropriate course work.
- Mediate relationships among organization, intern, and department.
- Evaluate students for grade.