Requirements of the Interns' Scholarship
The scholarship is open to juniors and seniors registered full-time at NCSU with a declared major or minor in English.
Recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Scholarship candidates must be successfully admitted to the English Department Internship Program.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in English classes; 2.75 overall.
- Demonstrate financial need through the federal government's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process.
- Work 120 hours during the semester for a not-for-profit organization as an unpaid intern.
- Attend ENG 350 class meetings once per week and complete all academic assignments.
- Complete the Interns' Scholarship application process.
The English Department Interns' Scholarship Committee will select all scholarship recipients and the Internship Coordinator will be responsible for the expenditure of funds.