Tips for Success
You might find these tips from former interns helpful for your internship experience:
- Be prepared.
- Be self-motivated.
- Manage your time well.
- Meet your deadlines.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Be open to advice.
- Jump right into things and be aggressive about what you want out of your internship experience. The more you put into it,the more you will get out of it.
- Don't wait for someone to ask you—look around for work to be done and offer to do it.
- Have an open mind. Let them know what you want to do, but be willing to do other things—even tasks that aren't “glamorous.”
- Collaborate with and befriend other employees.
- Talk to professionals in the field you are writing about to learn the language and procedures.
- Try to impress your boss.
- Have fun!