Minor in English
The English Department offers a minor in English to majors in any field except English. The minor program will allow students to pursue general interests in writing, literature, and language.
- Complete 15 hours of course work at or above the 200 level.
- No more than 2 courses (6 cr) of transfer credit will be accepted.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor and may count no course grade lower than a 'C-'.
- 2 courses at the 300 level or above
- 1 course at the 400 level or above
- 2 courses at the 200 level or above
Application for admission to any university minor program is now available via MyPack Portal. Admission will be based on the student’s academic record, and in most cases no longer requires departmental review.
To apply to add a minor, visit go.ncsu.edu/minor_coda.
The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Students can monitor their progress toward completing the minor by viewing their Minor Degree Audit online, anytime, in MyPack Portal.
Questions regarding unmet course requirements on your Minor Degree Audit (indicated by a red ‘X’) should be directed to the Minor Coordinator, below.
Interim Minor Coordinator
Dr. Jason Swarts
243 Tomkins Hall