Minor in Film
Film Minor Requirements (15 hours)
I. Required Courses (6 hours):
- ENG 282 --Introduction to Film
- ENG/ COM 364 --History of Film to 1940 *or*
- ENG /COM 374 --History of Film Since 1940
II. Electives (9 hours):
- ENG 292--Writing About Film
- ENG 330--Screenwriting
- ENG/COM 364 or 374 (whichever is not taken to fulfill Requirement I)
- ENG/AFS 375--African American Cinema
- ENG 378--Women and Film
- ENG 382--Film and Literature
- ENG 384--Film Theory
- ENG 492--Film Styles and Genres
- IDS 496--Film and Interdisciplinary Studies
- COM 444--Introduction to Film Production
- FLF 318--French Cinema
- FLS 318--Hispanic Cinema
- FLG 318--New German Cinema
Two courses may count toward a student's major and minor requirements.
Only one FL course may count toward the film studies minor.
Students must earn a C- or better in all courses used to complete the minor.
No more than 6 hours of transfer credit may be used toward the minor.
Students can apply for admission to any university minor program in MyPack Portal. Admission will be based on the student’s academic record, and in most cases no longer requires departmental review.
The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Students can monitor their progress toward completing the minor by viewing their Minor Degree Audit online, anytime, in MyPack Portal.
Questions regarding unmet course requirements on your Minor Degree Audit (indicated by a red ‘X’) should be directed to the Minor Coordinator, below.
Dr. Marsha Gordon