When the steps listed below are completed and you receive program acceptance confirmation, you may begin taking classes any semester and time that is convenient to you.
- To enroll in the certificate program, complete this form to indicate your intention. The form is automatically submitted to the director, Dr. Stacey Pigg.
- Once you receive an acceptance letter from Dr. Stacey Pigg, you must enroll at NC State as an Non-Degree Studies (NDS) student:
- Once accepted as a NDS student, notify Samantha Fowler, Writing Programs Coordinator, to be added to the Professional Writing Certificate Moodle Site. This site provides program announcements and helpful resources.
- Pay pre-registration fees.
NDS tuition rates
As a Non-Degree Studies student, please note these reminders:
- Your NDS application is valid for ONE year.
- You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Enrollment for any term is based on available capacity and students in degree granting programs have priority.
After completing all five courses, send a copy of your transcript or grade report along with the certificate completion form to:
Certificate in Professional Writing
NCSU Department of English
Attn: Samantha Fowler
Campus Box 8105
Raleigh, NC 27695-8105
We will send you a certificate suitable for framing and a letter attesting to your achievement in your coursework.